Social Credit will achieve those aims by:
• Putting in place a maritime defence force capable of air and sea patrol and interdiction in our Exclusive Economic Zone
This will entail reinvestment of an air combat squadron, six ocean going patrol ships and fully operational air and coastal units manned by reservists
• Withdrawing from international organisations when membership of them reduces our independence of action and is against
’s interests New Zealand
• Conducting civil defence training in secondary schools
• Building up resources to provide a wide availability of skills in dealing with any emergency or disaster
• Putting in place a national defence force capable of home defence and on call to serve internationally
This will entail three specialised commando battalions (airborne, amphibious and mountain ) and a headquarters administering both military and civil defence, together with national training and reserves
• Protection of our Nuclear Free and Exclusive Economic Zone
• Technical training, civil defence, and public works programmes as secondary tasks.
• Resourcing defence forces fully and from within New
Zealand where possible.
Contact:Cdr Dick Ryan, Spokesman for Defence